Job Title: Assistant Garden Centre Manager
Job Reference: JMH/1850
Salary: £24,000 per year +
You will be joining, an award winning centre and professional friendly team, within this established family run business.
· Retail experience at managerial level (plant knowledge not essential)
· Work with the manager to ensure that the garden Centre is always adequately staffed, building a strong and customer focussed team.
· Presentation and display of a range of products stock control, cleanliness and Health & Safety checks
· Maintain a high quality and condition of plants and products either produced in house of bought in
· Ensure flow of stock to shop floor is managed effectively
· Ensure that there is adequate stock and that all products sold are correctly priced
· Devise regular departmental stock checks – accurate records of wastage and make sure storage of products is correct
· Tour the sales areas regularly talking to customers and colleagues to identify and resolve urgent issues
· Lead by example and ensure that all staff achieve maximum sales by utilising positive sales techniques
· Assist with recruitment and interviewing of Centre staff
Assist Manager with seasonal changes and identify items in need of replenishment and low moving lines in need of clearance.
Help with timesheet authorisation for all staff and support the Manager with the holiday procedure and sick/absence certificates
This will be a varied and interesting hands on role working in a busy and positive environment
Car owner driver due to location
Salary £24K neg. according to skills and knowledge 28 days holiday hours 8.30. to 6pm flexible during busy periods. weeks worked on rota basis 1st week 4 days not including weekend 2nd week 6 days including weekend