Job Title: 1st / 2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Job Reference: JMH/1891
Location: Haywards Heath
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 per year +
Our established client are looking for a 1st/2nd Line IT Support Engineer based on the outskirts of Haywards Heath, therefore you will need your own transport due to the rural location. The duties are as follows: Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications and systems.
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Monitoring and support our cloud-based solutions.
Skills required but not essential (Level required: rudimentary to intermediate)
- Knowledge of one or all of the following Microsoft Windows Server environments including server (2008/2012), Exchange (2010/2013), Windows Terminal server, Windows SQL, Windows (7,10), Microsoft Office Applications, Antivirus/Antispam/Antispyware, Symantec Backup Exec / Computer Associates Arcserve / Cloud Backup Technology.
- Experience of carrying out hardware analysis and repairs on Servers, Workstations / Laptops and Thin Client and working with manufacturers to solve hardware issues.
- Networking knowledge of ADSL / Leased Line / WLAN / DNS /DHCP /VPN/ Firewall/TCP/IP at LAN /WAN Level.
- VoIP (Both in house & hosted)
- Provide 1st/2nd line support.
- Experience delivering IT support for end users, ideally through a Value-Added Reseller (VAR). Good customer awareness, ability to manage customer expectations.
Able to work under pressure and against timelines in a supporting role to senior engineers.